|Up Rising Stars Inc.||
When selecting a college to attend it's helpful to visit as many colleges as possible. Scheduling an in-person visit allows you the opportunity to tour the campus and to see if that school is right for you. Make sure you choose a school that has your major so that you can get a better idea of what your college experience will be like at the school you choose to visit. To set up a college tour, visit the school's website to familiarize yourself with the school. Contact the school that you want to visit for more information on available tour times, directions, and to fill out any necessary paperwork prior to the tour. Make sure you write down all the questions that you want to ask the tour guide, faculty, and other students you may meet during your visit.
College Tour Benefits:
1. You get to see the academic, residential, and administrative buildings, so if you attend you will know where they will be located.
2. You can talk to an admissions counselor regarding any questions you may have about your application, deadlines, and polices and procedures.
3. You many get a chance to meet the faculty, coaches, or directors of sports clubs you may want to participate in.
5. You many be able to meet with financial aid counselors to discuss scholarships and financial aid.
6. You will get an opportunity to talk to students about college life and the culture of the school.
7. The tour allows you to see the students' leadership, creative and original thoughts, independence, initiative, intellectual ability, and academic achievement.
I did not get any scholarships, grants or funds from FAFSA, so I had to take out loans. Here are some tips I've developed over the years that have proven to help those who are looking to go to college. I hope they help!
Ways to Pay for College